Friday, February 5, 2010

Embossed Resist Papertrey Ink Challenge





So I don't know how many times it will actually take me saying I am going to update this blog frequently or how many times I will have to tell myself I will stock my Etsy shop (see previous blog entry) before I actually start believing myself and do it....


**************
Truth be told there is part of me that is scared to take the plunge. Why? I don't know. Maybe because it's that between work, and being a mom and a wife, I don't have all that much time left over to run a "card shop". And unless some message can drop down from the sky saying, "Laura, your stuff is really that good and you really should take a chance on yourself," I can justify a million and one reasons (excuses) I should be spending my time doing something else.

********************


I got close the last time, I really did. I even had my close friend Alecia who happens to be an amazing photographer come take pics of some of my most popular cards (the ones I sell the most of to my coworkers and friends). And I had every intention of loading them onto my Etsy shop and going for it..... and then I didn't.

*********************


But this time I really am going to try. Honest. Papertrey Ink (the online stamp company I love so much) is turning three this month, and like last year at this time (see below blog entries) they are holding contests for free giveaways.

************************


The above card is one I made today for a Papertrey giveaway. The challenge was to make a card using the technique of "embossed resist". I have to be honest, normally I can knock a cute card out in no time, but for some reason I had a hang up with this challenge. I could not seem to get my card "balanced" looking. In the end, I believe it turned out well (after many, many revamps of color combos and layout attempts) and it would be a cute one to give for Valentine's Day. So.... here we go again, and look out everyone because here I come (for reals this time :o)

************************
Stamps: Simple Valentine set (PTI)

Paper: basic white, Berry Sorbet, and Pure Poppy carstock (PTI)
Ink: Rose Red (SU), Cameo Coral (SU), Vintage Cream (PTI), Black Noir (PTI), Pure Poppy (PTI), VersaMark
Embellishments: scallop punch (SU), label punch (SU), red grosgrain ribbon (Jo-Ann)

No comments:

Post a Comment