Sunday, February 7, 2010

Paint By Numbers Challenge- Papertrey Ink



********************************
Today's challenge for Papertrey Ink was a good ol' fashioned "Paint by Number". One of the big announcements was that the company would soon be carrying acrylic paints in all of their signature colors. Following with this idea, they laid out a card sketch idea and based on the first letter of your online user name, a color scheme was also assigned.




****************************
Above and belowe are images of the card layout assignment as well as the color palette.













And here is what I came up with:
















************************************
The situation was complicated by the fact that where I stamped the sentiment "You make me smile", I wanted to use the assigned color "Smokey Shadow", but I don't own that color ink.....yet. You can bet that will change soon.

Anyway, I made it work by using Stampin Up's Night of Navy and coloring in the sentiment using copic markers.

I stamped the little flowers on the Scarlet Jewel cardstock using Vintage Cream ink and topped them off with pink rhinestone centers. So stinkin' cute, if you ask me :o)

Also, I have to share my little excitement from today. To many of you it will seem minor, but it is kinda big for me.

For a long time now I have been wanting to be more fastidious in updating my card blog and eventually stocking my Etsy shop with cards to sell. In the last few days, I have been using PTI's anniversary celebration challenges to really try to achieve this goal and take a chance on getting my stuff "out there".

Yesterday, I did the challenge from the CPS website, and sometime between midnight last night and today when I checked, three random (and extremely complimentary) ladies left little ol' me some feedback! On my blog!! I was so excited and so flattered that they took the time to write something. It just really helped keep the fire lit for me to keep doing this, and I just wanted to say thanks. So, "thanks, ladies" wherever you are. :o)


******************************
Stamps: Small flower (With Sympathy PTI); Smile sentiment (Say it with Style PTI)
Paper: Kraft, Smokey Shadow, Vintage Cream, Scarlet Jewel cardstock (PTI)
Ink: Vintage Cream (PTI); Night of Navy (SU)
Other: Sweet Blush ribbon (PTI); pink rhinestones (Basics by Kaisercraft)

3 comments:

  1. The vintage cream ink looks great on the scarlet jewel cardstock! And the rhinestones are a perfect little addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun accents on your flowers and neat way to color the sentiment. Way to rock the PTI paint by numbers challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very pretty. I love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete