Saturday, February 6, 2010

Guy Cards are Tough...but "Do-able"















*********************
I have found throughout my relatively short stamping career that guy cards can be very tough to pull off. A friend and I try to get together monthly for a "stamp-crazy 2 day-a-thon" and a few times ago, I made it my mission to try to get a good supply of guy cards in my stash.

The above card, I believe, is perfect for a man's birthday. It's understated color scheme and simple, linear design keep it from being too "Hi, my name is Laura and I hand-stamped you a fancy card for your birthday" :o)

************************
Stamps: Bronc Buster (SU), happy birthday sentiment (SU); inside birthday wish sentiment (PTI)

Paper: Basic Gray, Chocolate Chip cardstock (SU); Scarlet Jewel, and Vintage Cream cardstock (PTI)

Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU)
Embellishments: brad (Jo-Ann)
***************************














***************************
This next card is also perfect for that guy in your life. I loved the fly fisherman stamp but at first I had a heck of a time figuring out a layout and color scheme that wouldn't seem too busy, as I knew I would be hand coloring the fisherman with Copic markers and I wanted that to be the focus. In the end, I decided to deboss a frame using a nestabilities square die directly on the card front, and then just let the stamp take center stage. I lined the inside of the card with a light brown paper to cover the areas where the markers had soaked through.

**********************
Stamps: Fly Fisherman stamp (SU); happy birthday sentiment (SU); inner birthday sentiment (PTI)
Paper: White cardstock (PTI); inside lining light brown cardstock
Ink: Close to Cocoa (SU); Chocolate Chip (SU)

Other: Square Nestabilities die, copic markers
*******************************




















*********************************
This card, I have to admit, includes one of my favorite stamps. The rocker boy stamp from Amuse just cracks me up! I love that this card could be used for a boy's birthday, or a man who is still "young at heart". :0)

Very simple to put together and following a pretty classic layout pattern, this card is a great one to have in stock.

**********************
Stamps: Rockstar, You Rock sentiment, & Party Like a Rockstar sentiment (Amuse); Happy Birthday sentiment (SU)
Paper: Not Quite Navy (SU), Spring Rain (PTI); patterned paper (matstack); white cardstock (PTI)
Ink: Black Noir (PTI); Lime Pastel (Colorbox Chalk ink); Not Quite Navy (SU)
Other: circle and scallop circle nestabilitie dies, copic markers

1 comment:

  1. Fab job with your guy cards ... I always find them the hardest
    Love the little rocker dude!
    :o)

    ReplyDelete