Sunday, October 18, 2009

Let's Try This Again, Shall We?

So quite a while ago I decided I was going to start "getting my cards out there" for everyone to see, and potentially open a shop on Etsy (an online forum where people sell the most amazing homemade/handmade items). However, life happened and my plan got put on hold. I am back and ready for action though, and I think this is the perfect card to post today.

The stamp is a girl swinging and the sentiment says, "the sky's the limit". That is how I feel about my love for crafting and the potential to sell my cards. What I have discovered is I am only limited by my own inhibitions and reserve. Well today I am throwing all caution to the wind and starting my adventure.

I am starting an Etsy shop called "CardsByLauraFinnegan" and you can reach it either with the link at the side of this blog or by googling the above title. You can also get there by going to http://www.cardsbylaurafinnegan.etsy.com/ . I hope you all check it out and pass on to your friends who may be in need of something handmade, that I am out there.

My focus is on sincere, simply stated cards that convey their message without being "over the top" or "too much". If you have a specific need for a card, invitation, etc, you can contact me via email or through etsy and let me know, and I will do my best to create it.

The shop is a few days from being "stocked" and up and running, but I am really excited and I can't wait to hear what all of you think about it.

**********************************************************

Paper: Spring Rain, Dark Chocolate, and White cardstock (PTI); Green Gingham Patterned Paper (Nana's Nursery Baby Boy Premium Stack by DCWV)

Ink: Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up); Thatched Straw (VersaMagic)

Shading/Coloring: various Copic Markers (sorry it has been a while since I actually created the card and the exact markers used escape me)

Stamps: Swing Girl (A Muse); "The Sky's the Limit" sentiment (A Muse); Yellow stamped background "Big Block" (A Muse)

Embellishments: Lemon Tart Topnotch Twill Ribbon (PTI); Buttons; Sew Mini used to adhere paper to cardstock

No comments:

Post a Comment