Saturday, February 6, 2010

CPS Sketch #153/ Papertrey Challenge
























*********************
So here I am again doing another Papertrey Ink Anniversary Challenge. Today, they are having us do a sketch challenge from CPS which you can see here: http://cardpositioningsystems.blogspot.com/2010/02/reader-ideas-week-of-2710.html

I decided to do a redo on an old favorite of mine. I just cannot get enough of this Amuse stamp! The little boy sitting on the end of the dock fishing just fills me with happiness and good feelings. I think partly because I grew up spending each summer at Lake Cushman on my family's property, and the memories from those times are some of my most cherished.

The color combination of white, kraft and navy are classic to me. Not to mention the tiny "swiss dot" like patterned paper. Love it!!

I decided to stamp this card with a sympathy sentiment on the inside. I think this fits well with the serene, peaceful feeling you get from the stamp itself.

**********************************
Stamps: Boy Fishing and waves stamps (Amuse); inside sentiment from With Sympathy set (PTI)
Paper: Kraft and white cardstock (PTI); Night of Navy (SU); patterned paper (Chocolate Remix Paper collection PTI)
Ink: Black Noir (PTI); Chocolate Chip (SU)
Other: square nestabilitie die; Dark Chocolate 3/8" Topnotch Twill Ribbon (PTI)
*********************************

6 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable, and very classic, indeed. Really lovely. I need to go check out the Papertrey party stuff for today. What a fun week it's been over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card...so clean and crisp!! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that image with that sentiment! Really GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great combination of colors! Very nice card.
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Thanks for playing along at CPS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card has such a calming effect to it! Love it! Expresses such peacefulness!

    ReplyDelete